Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
Really? - have you seen the NA sales numbers for the past month? Year? - they don't sell as well as BMW had hoped. The company needs to adjust its strategy or else it will go bye bye. Crossovers = mediocrity. Thats what BMW is specializing in lately.
I think that the X3's number for October are an anomaly people are waiting on the G01 model which has had only a few pre-launch sales. 80% of production in Spartanburg is for customer ordered vehicles not dealer stock. They may have pushed out a bit of June production but from switch over in July to production in August with an apparent hold on shipments through September and part of October this is a long dry period and could go far to explain a 67% year over year drop in sales.

X5 and X6 are in very high demand in other markets to the point that allocation is an issue. Dealers are being encouraged to take steps to ensure that those models are not being bought for export. One dealer was insisting that non-finance deals have a token loan attached so that a lien could be placed on the vehicle to dissuade export.

I am more concerned about BMW's 3 and 4 series numbers. I admit that I like the technology in the F30 line, but the finishes are not luxury finishes. If I were in the market for another small sedan or coupe I would be looking at the C-class. My E92 M3 is far more luxurious than any current F30.

I think that BMW has got the message, the G01 has a better feel than its predecessor.

November numbers are going to be very interesting.
Appreciate 0