View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #114
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Last few BMWs I ordered, I sent my specs to the manager at two local dealers. One of them is always more responsive with better deals, while the other tries to sell me a car on the lot (and in this case he said 2019 allocations didn't come out until November despite the fact that I knew otherwise, so he was really pushing a 2018 they had).

The good place got back to me right away, offered a good deal plus any incentives in effect at time of delivery, and said they'd let me know when they got allocations. Got the call in early July when 2019 allocations hit, did the deal, got the inquiry report with specs and production number, and then gave them $1000 on my credit card. Couldn't have been easier. All done by phone and e-mail.

Meanwhile, this other place kept trying to sell me a 2018 despite the fact the color/options weren't what I wanted and I had told them I was waiting for 2019 to get the M-sport steering wheel. The clincher was that they did some googling about the steering wheel, found something that was totally irrelevant but supported their notion I should buy a 2018 instead. For this very special google search result they found, they printed it out on paper, and then scanned it to a PDF, and then e-mailed it to me. All that to communicate a google search result!! I figure if they are that stupid they definitely don't need my business. Talk about out of touch.
Appreciate 0