View Single Post
      02-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Italy: Rome and Amalfi Coast - input and recommendations please

Going to Italy in about 2 months and looking to book accommodations and asking for recommendations of places to eat/visit (besides the obvious places). I have been there once few years ago as part of my 4 month trip around the globe: visited Florence, Rome, and Sienna. This time I only have about 8 days and landing in Rome first. Will have 3 other people with me so playing a bit of a tour guide. Itinerary and questions below.

Rome
- 2-3 days here to see the major sites and catch up to local time.
- been here before so don’t want to spend too much time
- planning on getting an Airbnb in the Trastevere area (stayed 100m from the Colosseum last time)

Amalfi Coast
- the rest of the time will be in the Amalfi Coast
- should we rent a car? I don’t mind driving but if parking situation sucks I’d rather not.
- which town(s) to visit? Not sure how long the drive is. Since we don’t have that much time and need to make it back to Rome for our flight back, I’m hoping to use one of the towns as a base for 4 days and do 1, maybe 2 day trips.
- this is where I need the most input since it looks like everyone has different intake on which town to visit and whether to drive or take public transportation

Appreciate the input and thank you in advance!
Appreciate 1