View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #45
giphlag
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Some of you guys must have your head stuck in the sand; are you even following the larger auto industry as a whole?

The electrification of every product line at pretty much every automaker is now a done deal wether we like it or not. We can complain/bitch/moan about it all day but this isn't some speculation or rumors anymore.

The entire German and U.S. auto industry is re-training, re-tooling, re-building their plants, workers and product lines. Charging stations are popping up by the 100s every month. Battery technology is improving, using less rare-earth materials and improving densities. Recycling business is also coming along, look up Redwood Materials. Major investments happening in that aspect and something I hope to invest in going forward.

Furthermore, over 80% of EV charging happens at home overnight. The idea that there will be stranded EVs on the side of the road everywhere and long lines at charging stations is hilarious at best and at worst just plain fear mongering.

Look, I'm as much of a gear/motorsport head as any of you but I'm also a realist. I'm 41 and hope to live another 40 years at least. This means I need to be willing to give this change a shot because guess what, at the end of the day it's gonna happen and there's nothing we can do. Don't be that guy who still buys an ICE family car in 2 years and then complains by 2028 why no one wants to buy it. Be smart about this change. Use it to your advantage... keep a fun weekend/track car and shift the rest to EV.
Appreciate 5
F32Fleet3615.50
Tallest1320.50
Cos270608.50
Tacoma944.50
danchee136.00