Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
But in this case I think they are right.
No, I don't think they are. Porsche makes terrific cars like the 911 GTS and Turbo S as well as some totally overpriced dailies like Macan, Cayenne and Panamera. Let's compare. The F97 is less expensive, quicker, more powerful, has gobs of tuning potential, has better tech, has much more sophisticated powertrain cooling, and has vastly more interior space, and also vastly more cargo space than the Macan GTS. The Macan has quicker transmission, sharper handling and a softer, more compliant ride. It also has that magnificent Porsche badge and, sadly, that's all that matters for many Macan buyers. When a sales rep gets promoted to a key account manager, buying a Macan is usually at the very top of his "to do" list.
Very personal choices. Porsche SUVs are not my thing.
The only Porsche I would even consider is a manual GT3 since BMW no longer offers anything manual at that performance level.
I never liked the style of the Macan. A little too bland for my taste compared to the X3MC. I did not even cross shop between the X3MC and the Macan. Looked at the X5 M but it was too big and plush for me.
So keeping the M4 GTS (and soon M4 CSL) for weekend fun and second X3MC in a row for daily fun. Lucky to be able to have both, I admit…
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00