2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
What's everybody's thoughts on the 2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe's Carbon Fiber Roof and BMW's X4 M not having one. I am quite shocked BMW drop the ball on this, clearly it should've came with a sleek carbon fiber roof option.

I personally have NO desire for a moonroof, especially a heavy panoramic moonroof. The X M's are supposed to be sporty as they can be.
I'm with you on that. BMW a few years back made a BIG deal about having their own CFRP factory and set up....but I've yet to see very much materialise, the Carbon Core of the 7 was the last time there was any PR?

Back on topic for some reason YES I was just playing on the Porsche configurator earlier today and it was great to see the option there. Apples to Oranges but also the Jag F-Pace has that. I'm a paying customer milk me for maybe up to about £3k for a CF roof YES PLEASE. I agree it seem odd. I must admit if you don't want M pace the Coupe Cayenne, dare I say it has some reasonable value. Ishhhh.

I have a 40D X3 right now, I think I'm trying hard to talk myself into an X4M currently.
Yes, I pretty much agree, everyone seems to be bitching about 300 pounds additional weight, haven't confirmed or check that out myself.

One of the points of purchasing an M SAC vehicle is to keep the upper weight down so you can have more performance regarding handling. You can do that by eliminating a moonroof and especially the hideous panoramic roof which I'm sure is extremely heavy. I prefer something solid such as metal or carbon fiber over my head in case of any collusion or rollover. Always wanted a moonroof, but once we got one we never used it besides for venting. I found it to be distracting while just having the interior screen open to what's in front of me, I prefer to focus on the road and not get skin cancer and cook my head while driving. And there is definitely a difference when deleting a moonroof approximately 40+ pounds, it is definitely less top-heavy and you definitely notice it going in and out of corners.
Exactly. Also I'd point to the press release where it states there's some extra bracing for improved handling characteristics:

BMW Press Release ...
Far-reaching measures for strengthening the body and suspension mounting points have a beneficial effect on steering precision and response. The first-ever BMW X3 M, BMW X4 M and Competition models all come with an M-specific bracing package at the front end, whose key element is a high-precision strut brace in the engine compartment that links the shock towers. In August 2019, an exceptionally light, extremely strong high-precision strut brace made from carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) is set to join the options list as an alternative to the standard item. In addition, an A-strut has been incorporated into the front section near the firewall, with two further struts increasing stiffness between the shock towers and the front of the car. The body's torsional stiffness is further enhanced by a large rear brace and model-specific rear axle control arms.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4781.00