05-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #429
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crst4s View Post
Did you remove the stickers or cover with overlays? Details appreciated.
I removed the decal which is more like a silkscreen. I removed the visor, laid 3 paper towels over the decal, soaked them with 91% alcohol and plastic wrapped the visor and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I then removed that and with cotton balls and 91% alcohol started circular rubbing to remove the decal. I also used Ronsonal Lighter Fluid on cotton balls which seamed to be more effective. I had to use a lot of cotton balls. It was important not to let the milky liquid residue sit on the visor too long, otherwise it would settle into the material and be harder to remove. I actually took the visor over to the sink and rinsed it off with water a couple times during.

I think if you are to tackle this project, you need to be patient, not let the dirty residue sit on the visor too long, and willing to accept a less than perfect result. I put a lot of elbow grease into it. I think the leftover shadow is unavoidable as I believe it is an actual change in the texture of the material that occurred when the silkscreen decal was applied.

I got the idea from the M2 Competition forum and did it to my M2C, however the decals on the X3MC are not the same material as the M2C and the visor material is also different.
Appreciate 0