View Single Post
      01-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #1
Ralph11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 e83

Known Issue with 3 lights (ABS/Brake & 4x4)

Dear all, I am Ralph from Germany and I really like my e83 X3 3.0D very much, but unfortunately since some months I have the well known 3 lights on (ABS, Brake and 4x4). I tried some other forums but without success and from reading through the posts I guess this forum is most advanced for getting the right tips and help... I already changed all ABS wheel speed sensors and the rings, exchanged the VTG actuator, overhauled the complete VTG and did various other tests....
I mainly have these two failure codes:
5DEC: DSC: VTG temp failure (my free translation)
5E5C: DSC: Wheelspeed sensors rotation recognition (my free translation)
I suspected some issues with the sensors, but could not find issues initially (similar speed reading), finally I found somebody with Delphi who could help me with reading out more details. All wheel sensors show driving backwards, in both directions, so this seems to be the issue. I am still not clear if all the new Ridex sensors are bad (hard to believe), or the issue is somewhere else, like in the DSC/ABS, or return switch or ???.
The ABS/DSC repair shops I contected did not know about the two codes as a typical failure for the ABS/DSC control unit, they meant rather not the ABS/DSC unit....
Sorry for my long text, but I spent a long time so far on this.
Any help is very much appreciated, thanks for any feedback in advance!
Kind regards Ralph

And if anybody has a procedure to take out the ADC/ABS unit, which looks very very complicated, that would be great, even I would prefer to apply a different fix for above and avoid this ;-)
Appreciate 0