View Single Post
      07-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #53
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
And I don't buy this narrative that the job loses only hit the entry level workers so everyone else is unaffected. Consumption should be WAY down, killing off jobs in every sector and at every level but it's just not happening. Reality will set in over the fall as the government takes away the hand outs, then you will see a massive crash and a huge dent on the economy. Those payments, both in the US and Canada, are keeping consumption turnng, when they stop .... look the fuck out and watch your back.
But that's kind of what happened, at least from what I have seen first hand. I have been working from home since beginning of March, and am busier than ever. My wife just got a new job making more money than her last, my friend also started a new job, same with my little sister, both making more than 50k a year. I just got my house 3 weeks ago, and had a hell of a time buying. Houses were getting sniped before even hitting the market. My other friend is under contract right now in that exact situation, buying before it hits market. I got the a stim check, didn't need it, but it was cool. I could've gotten our house without it just as easily as I did with it, the people who are RELYING on these "handouts" are not the ones buying new houses...
Appreciate 0