cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Ah, bummer. Congrats on the quick sale regardless. I'm on the other end of the table and been shopping around SI for almost 2 years now but its tough. Finding a home with a 2 car (or larger) garage in SI w/o major reno for <$1m, and convenient for commuting to the city, is like finding a needle in the haystack. The ones we do, we're getting beat out by cash offers even if we go in @ asking. Might need to become new jerseyians at this rate...
I looked for the house I just sold for almost 3 years. I wanted a a nice size lot with a pool. Problem was that most houses on the larger lots were too big for me, or they were old ranches that needed to be torn down and raised.
I put a chunk of change into this house and I swore if I ever bought another house I would only buy a turn key and move in. Freaking renovations drove me nuts.

Would have loved a 2 car garage but like you said the prices are nuts. Once you cross over to 2 car garage the prices are over $1M, and those need work. The move in condition ones in nice neighborhoods are $1.2 - $1.5.

I was up against the same thing with other buyers. People were selling for crazy numbers in Brooklyn and offering over asking as they had a chunk of change and didn't care about the comps.

Good luck.
eluded3043.00