Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik762 View Post
'I've put the update manager on my google drive for you guys to try, it might work and if not at least you've got it pre installed to use when BMW sort it out.

Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f4H...ew?usp=sharing'

Thanks for trying teaston but as with my original copy of DM it recognises the car but is 'greyed out' and reports 'map update not possible' when clicked.
Ah ok, sorry I thought you couldn't even get to the page to download update manager. I would put the map on my google drive, but the file size is too large!
And the map is VIN specific anyway.

No I meant that if the car software level is high enough, not talking about map level, the maybe the OTA functionality is also enabled for European vehicles, like it is in NA.
And of OTA is available, it seems like there is no support for USB upgrades anymore, ie the car is grayed out in BMW download manager.
No it's not, I always used the USB stick for my 335d to update the map in courtesy cars, including other F30's and even a G31!
I was reading about this, and I think I verified it. Just downloaded 2019-2, so will check when I get home again..

Perhaps it's only watermarked with the vin...