View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #31
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
While I fully recognize this is a less-than-scientific comment, the owner of SuperSprint, Alessandro - who might have some experience on the topic after decades of fabricating custom exhausts, did reveal to me, as I pondered a secondary cat delete, that its effect on restriction is negligible compared to the primary cat. He advised me to remove the secondary cat only if I wanted even more sound, not if I was expecting additional performance gains. To that point, he reassured me that I could proceed with my custom remap after the primary swap without fear of needing to alter the map if I changed my mind later and chose a secondary cat delete. Again, this advice came against his economic interests. While initially tempted after my primary cat swap, I ultimately left the secondary in place and don't regret it. Allesandro also mentioned that the factory F97 comp exhaust is quite good overall with the primary cat being understandably restrictive and having less longevity due to the ceramic internals which reduce costs while maintaining emmisions standards.

(Hope this doesn't come across as too verbose. I've been writing performance evals until 9pm tonight and am in the zone)
I would really love to get the whole SuperSprint exhaust system. But look at the price... crazy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0