View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Exhaust Flap Control Button

I’ve read a lot about how quiet the X3m exhaust is for some and that most of the noise is the fake ASD.

I’ve found the exhaust to be fairly aggressive, even in comfort mode but especially in sport+ in my competition model.

As a result, I figured anything I was hearing was artificially generated by the ASD. I don’t care for fake, so I coded it off in Bimmercode but a lot of the sound was still there which would quiet when I pressed the exhaust button. I assumed that the coding did not work so I pulled fuse 218 yesterday.

To my surprise, nothing changed. The exhaust button still had an impact on exhaust volume. It still makes a difference in sound while in comfort mode and especially sport+.

Moreover, I still have the deceleration burbles/gurgles in sport+ while the button is lit - sounds which I convinced myself were fake.

Perhaps it is due to the competition model exhaust, but the button does seem to control the flap in all modes (granted I didn’t try regular sport) and makes an audible difference. The difference is huge in sport+ but noticeable in comfort as well.

I like having the option for both a quiet and louder exhaust note. I’ve never had burbles/gurgles but think they sound cool when wanted

As a PSA, I would not recommend keeping only the back windows open with the fronts closed as I did during testing. Even at relatively low speeds, the helicopter sound/pressure was so great I felt like my eardrum would pop lol.
Appreciate 0