View Single Post
      11-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #28
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thanks, TxHorn. I've seen their dyno graphs but not quite sure what to make of them as the crank and wheel HP numbers they report don't seem to fit with what I'm seeing in the Simulations I've run. As I've indicated many times I am by no means an expert in those calculations, but they've been fairly accurate across a number of different platforms and from a variety of Mnfrs so far.

The sim uses the HPs reported as being at the crank, then uses an efficiency of transfer to the wheels of 80%. The resulting curves have been able to match real-life data fairly well at the upper speed ranges (F25, F26, F30 and now the G01). So it'll definitely be interesting to see some other dyno reports to see if they reproduce Dinan's findings.

I also had a chance to run the Jaguar F-Pace SVR which, at least in the sim, edges the hypothetical X3M if it arrives with 490 HP. And I've included emmanuelyoo's and GT500R's drag points as reference as well. Note the Sim uses sea level (and their drag data had varying DAs).
Possible to add in the latest 1/4 mile time I have for drag points for sea level? With the tune (approx. 460 hp?) not sure how much hp I have to be honest.
10.6@130 Dragy / +820 DA The Streets |
NOW: Tesla Model Y Performance
Appreciate 0