04-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #25
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Well, 10.000 Words trying to praise the E84 and bash the G01, i'm impressed!
I'm happy your happy with your E84 Keep it up!within the two years i had my E84 x-drive 20da, i think the strong points is how it drives, since it's such a low suv, it's basicly a crossover, rather than a SUV, due to it's heights.
But trying to bash the new generation BMW due to it's lower quality - coming from previous generations is... really silly.
The point is, the new generation of 5 series, the 7 and the new X3 are really up to Audi level, something this very test goes to show. Past generations of BMW haven't had this high quality interiour level. BMW have always been about the drive, it's engines and chassi. Back in the late 90's when the E39 and E46 came along, they had awsome build quality. Since then BMW didn't really excel in interiour quality. But right now, they are really back where they belong imo.
Besides, a 1 series and X1 are entry level vehicles, allthoug belonging to a premium brand, they have a simpler quality to them than the 3 series and X3. In fact, the G01 is really into 5 series territory with it's excellent interiour.
I feel sorry to burst your bubble but facts are not silly.

When you have a proper hard with good material sunroof blind on one hand and a sagging cloth as a replacement on the other, you can not say that I am praising one for another. I am not here to praise anything, for the money my x1 -entry level or not- has a proper quality. The touch and feeling is not something silly, it is a result of tactile and sensorial experience and not words.
My X1 has all the bells and whistles from full leather, with all packages, from lights to comfort access, rain sensor, beam assistant, washers, Navi, Voice control, Harman Kardon, etc. so I don't know your E84 but mine is top notch and par with the 3 Series at the time (I owned an F30 as well and they were extremely similar as materials and quality). Many X1 were pretty slim in packages and before they change the model BMW even cut many packages at the end. Yes the new X1 is different and shows the entry level, but not the old one. E84 had a different approach back then, being a 3 series at core and getting same materials as the 3 series at the time. Switches, seats, shifters, screen, steering wheel, carpet, covers, mirrors, are all 3 series components.

If you think that the X3 is in a 5 Series territory, I suggest to check again a dealership.
Just picked up our X1 and dropped the loaner today and looked again for 2 hours at all vehicles, there is no comparison between the 5 series and the G01.
And I am glad that 5 Series is in a different league, with a G01 interior will not be in the same game like the others.

The X3 is not on the 5 Series niche, but rather on 3 Series niche. X5 yes, different quality.

And as a note, on the new X3 I like the engine, the seats, the ergonomics are well designed, I find the ride comfortable and refined. Steering wheel was boaty but is electric so can't compare it with my road -feel hydraulic one.
But can't refrain on saying something when is there just to not hurt somebody's feelings.... Sorry

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-05-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 1