View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
SmallDave
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport Package

Help: Trying to Identify my Suspension

Hello everyone!

I'm the proud owner (really, it's my wife) of a 2011 X3 35i. I picked it up a couple weeks ago in Virginia Beach, drove all the way back home to Maine. Under 37k miles, sports seats and wheel, servotronic steering, for under 14k! Seemed like a steal to me.

I'm in love with the car, the engine is incredible. But I can't figure out which suspension is only the car. All the VIN decoders don't include any suspension options but when I go into sport mode in iDrive, I have the option for drivetrain AND chassis "sport" settings that I can check or uncheck with a box. Doing a test run tonight, I feel like I am going crazy if Sport and Normal mode don't feel significantly different. I will say on a normal road (bumpy) road, not much difference is perceivable.

I'm reading about all the options for sport suspension and dynamic handling package (DHP). Looking at parts on FCP Euro, there seems to be those w or w/o sport suspension settings. Do those refer to the DHP "adjustments" specifically?

My suspension seems to be fine at the moment but I'm just trying to prepare for the future.

Picture of the X3 and the Lexus it's replacing.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0