01-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
As a follow up to this. I ended up replacing the battery. After battery replacement, i cleared all the codes.

Now i have 3 codes still, and the alarm still randomly starting to go off again in the last two days.
  1. JBE Junction box eletronics - C90C85 - rain-light-solar-fogging sensor hardware fault, rain sensor (permanent)
  2. FZD Function centre roof - 801A4C - SINE: under voltage detected in internal voltage supply (intermittent)
  3. IHKA Integrated automatic heating/air conditioning - E7144D - signal (rain intensity, 0x226 invalid transmitter JBE (permanent)

To me it looks like the rain sensor possibly needs to be reset after battery change ? or it has died.

The 801A4C code however got me stumped and would have thought that the battery change would have resolved this.....or is this another initialization thing needed to be done for the moon roof ?

Also the alarm randomly going off, is also an issue.
In regards to the alarm going off randomly...the list of fault codes you gave the SINE fault code would be the one related to the alarm.
(SINE = emergency power siren and tilt sensor)
Here's a direct link to the TIS that explains the SINE (interior motion sensor): https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...right/HI6lx4TC

Are you leaving any windows or sunroof open while the car is parked & locked?

BTW, I don't follow the X3 that much so I'm not that familiar with the engine nomenclature vs the model/engine suffix...since you don't indicate which model X3 you have...you can click the HOME (at the top left of the TIS website) and select the correct X3 model...or use the last 7 digits of your VIN...this will set the TIS site to give links/results based on your VIN or model. You can then type SINE into the search box and it will list the correct info for your model X3.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0