View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Thank you for sharing your pictures and storyline, ina93. With the help of GoogleEarth I took a virtual tour of Trinidad while reading your travels as my knowledge of your beautiful location isn't very solid.

The trip up Radio Tower Rd to the old WWII satellite dish (by the Bamboo Cathedral) must be quite a scenic drive. The colors and visual image of the dish you captured in that photo look like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie! Quite a stark contrast with your X3 right next to it.

And touring Icacos beach there were a number of photographs posted which added to how it must have looked for you. I had forgotten how close you are to Venezuela (only about 9 miles across that channel it seems).

Although you didn't mention a town for the quarry pictures it appears there are a number of sites centered around Sangre Grande (E-SE of Valencia). Difficult to tell what they are mining for on the satellite images, but it looks like it was good to have the xDr traction capabilities on some of those roads!

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0