04-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #29
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
I'm certainly not fearful or even beginning to be angry (yet). If I were, you certainly would know it! I'm also not in the least worried about anyone being "spooked". The issues related to the problem that juddholland and I have had HAVE been very completely and accurately reported, so anyone reading about them is free to draw their own conclusions.

BTY: In my experience, "getting angry" often is the fastest way TO solve the problem. Being passive just delays the end result.

I am disappointed that BMW does not seem to be communicating about this issue with its dealers, but I'm not surprised. Most corporations ignore reliability and even safety issues until they reach crisis levels. Ford, General Motors and Toyota (and many others) have followed this pattern, why not BMW?

I'll stop whining when I'm driving the car I paid for, not a loaner that has half the cargo capacity and doesn't meet my day-to-day needs.
I certainly was not addressing my post to you, Lotus 7, although you seem to have interpreted it that way. Sorry if you were offended, not meant for you.

It was meant for the new-to-BMW ppl who may get nervous reading about problems that can be taken out of context or magnified on an internet forum.