View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #80
Stepanyan
Rep
Drives: 23 M4cx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Did the mods really delete the helpful post with a link to better pictures of the tail lights? Ummmm explanation, please? I read the forum rules and do not understand why this person's post was deleted when they were only trying to help me and others interested in seeing more views of the tail lights.

Out of fear of having my post deleted, I will not re-paste the link, but I will share my thoughts on the tail lights now that I've seen them.

They are not horrible and, in fact, look pleasing enough to the eye from a design standpoint. I still think they are a bit too skinny and overly simplistic (MB and Jag come to mind), especially from the straight-on rear view, but from the side and angle views, they are tolerable given the rest of the design looks sharp and makes up for it.
I think they added the new pics and deleted the post or maybe they just don't like the 'other' website

The rear end looks really good in initial sketches that is because the narrow taillights speak with the small height of the rear end.

I feel like the design was initially made with a narrow rear end and then the engineering team had to increase the height of the rear end for better trunk capacity and other practical reasons. So they ended up with narrow taillights as initially designed and an overall high rear end.

This doesn't affect the rear 3/4 views that much, but the straight-on rear view looks weird because there is a lot more metal underneath the taillights than we are used to.
Appreciate 0