04-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 20i; 2002 E36/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_BMW_328xi View Post
I hear ya, but H&R doesn't say requires changing the shocks. Bilsteins are available for the F25, but adding shocks with higher bump and rebound to stiff springs are not going to make the ride much smoother in all aspects. Agreed some of the motion will improve with more damping to better match the higher spring rates, just not the direction I want to take the ride quality. I put Bilsteins on my E36 328iS (sport package) years ago...also not approved for New England roads, and they were on the softest settings.

Another side effect I forgot to mention was when coming to a stop, instead of the slight brake dive that goes down then up, with the H&R's there's a forward backward forward backward forward oscillation, very annoying. I even tried messing with different tire pressures to help "tune" everything a little better and it made little difference.
What does the dealer/garage say who installed the springs? Cannot imagine that the effects you describe are "normal". So, perhaps you better check or get a second opinion first before going back to the old set up?? PS: Changing tyre pressure is definitely not a solution in such situations.
Appreciate 0