08-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #19
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
They are not way ahead of Tesla. And Tesla has more of a battery supply then any other car manufacturer.

Tesla has BMW and the rest of the industry BEAT because of their worldwide Supercharger network.

AND LASTLY... Model 3 is out selling all competitors combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Most EV owners (70% last I read) don't really care about the charging network.

The "Charging Infrastructure" is way overrated. Most EV owners (70%) never use public chargers it at all. I'm on my third EV (Volt, Tesla, i8) and I've NEVER used one. Most EV owners, like myself, simply plug in their cars when they get home and just let them charge overnight. That's why range is so important to EV owners. If you can make your daily average, with a comfortable buffer, then you are good to go! 200+ is pretty generous I think! I'm never going to take a pure EV on a road trip unless its just for the "challenge" of it. I couldn't care less about the charging infrastructure...

Tesla has them beat simply because Tesla has been selling cars...a lot of them..for more than a couple of years.
Actually.. tesla just reached 200,000 this past year correct? BMW has indicated that they have 250,000 electrified vehicles on the road.....

either way... if Tesla is " leading. " they certainly do hot appear to have an insurmountable lead ...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 08-30-2018 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 3