Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGUY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Your comments are always welcome for you own both. The facelift Macan they changed engines to the ones in the Cayenne(Audi sourced) with lower end torque and drastically reduced turbo lag . Curious if you were given the choice again of the GTS and M40i if you would swap.
Time will tell on the 2019 Macan. Early reviews on the 2019 Macan S perfornance are mixed. In the US, we won't see the refreshed models until spring. The GTS and Turbo will reportedly have yet a different V6 engine and may not be seen till 2020.

As for swapping, I drive both vehicles (we are retired) and, so I don't have to choose. I've owned several Porsches and I like owning the Macan but wish it had the low end torque of the straight 6 of the M40i. My salesperson says I should have gotten the Macan TurboPP. I have not driven one but that would have been $110K, almost 2X the cost of the M40i. That's kind of crazy for an SUV, don't you think?
$110k for a loaded Macan? Hmm... If I have that kind of money to spare, I would consider getting the upcoming X3M and keep the change for a nice long European vacation... Or, upsize the ride to a X5 M50i or something similar like a nicely optioned Cayenne.
Appreciate 0