View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #82
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGUY View Post
My 2018 Macan GTS has keyless ignition. It is not a button but rather a protrusion on the left of the steering wheel (of course) that you turn like a key. The remote stays in my pocket.

My wife has an X3 M40i and the rear seats have much more room than my Macan. I'm always apologizing to back seat occupants in my Macan. The cargo floor areas seem very similar but I haven't measured. Probably fewer cubic feet in the Macan due to the raked back hatch.

If you care about performance, my wife's M40i has far more low end torque and feels much faster with less turbo lag than my car. It is not subtle either. The M40i is a rocket at takeoff and puts a bigger smile on my face. The Macan however has more refined handling and has a richer looking cockpit IMO. After 8 months I feel that the Macan is overpriced and the M40i is the biggest bargain around.
Your comments are always welcome for you own both. The facelift Macan they changed engines to the ones in the Cayenne(Audi sourced) with lower end torque and drastically reduced turbo lag . Curious if you were given the choice again of the GTS and M40i if you would swap.
Appreciate 0