View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #206
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
...head to the Strip before the end of the year (after we get past the 3,100 mile BMW-recommended Break-in and the DAs improve). I'll try to control as many of the variables as I can to make it a reasonably valid comparison to mine, but I suspect it should be faster. The main differences will be the 'torque increase' and the wheel weights, so am interested in seeing how it plays out...
Finally was able to get to GNV Raceway for a Saturday morning 'All Welcome Test-n-Tune' yesterday. They haven't held one in a number of months, and as it's the last one for the year it was packed so only got 5 runs in. And so much for cooler temps with low DAs (it was in the +1400 to +1800 range the entire day). Added 5 gal ($11/gal) of Sunoco 260GT (100 Oct) to 10 gal of Marathon 93 and some Octane booster to try to help out, but prob was only around 97 Octane. The PS4S now have 10,600 miles of wear on them as we took them off her trade-in when the LCI came with the Contis.

Four of the five runs were solid 11.8xxs with one outlier at 12.012 in Lane 1 where I had to drive through water draining from the water box. Best was 11.818s at 117.78 mph with a 0-60 ft 1.841s. As forza1976 has shared in the past (and others), the wheels were spinning even in 2nd transition.

It felt strong throughout and TBH thought for sure it was in the 11.6xxs range. Disappointed I wasn't able to formally confirm breaking the 11.6s barrier, but it will, no doubt. The negative influences were the DA, tires with 10,600 miles wear, non-maximized octane, still trying to figure out the tire psi, and long wait times between runs (1-1/2 hours) so are engine/oils temps at ideal LC conditions...

All the data will be posted in the 1/4 mile thread for those interested in the details - https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444613 .

Have to also share that a number of Drivers (and even a few Spectators in the Stands who came to the Staging Lanes) commented how much they enjoyed watching her run, and couldn't believe the times 'for a truck'.

Fun times in the F97!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50