Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXVXI View Post
I think these grills look out of place on the M40 if you are just replacing the kidneys. Need to replace the other Cerium bits as well, but there are too many.

The Boomerangs, Mirror caps, 21" 718 Wheels... even the badges are Cerium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
My current BMWs both have OEM Black grills (replaced at the dealership before I took delivery on both of them). I dont like the BMW stock grille surround (the chrome surround) around the kidneys.

In the case of the M40i though, I actually really like the grey kidneys since they dont have a bright !#@$!@$ chrome surround around the dark kidneys.

Wife and I both decided we like the grey kidneys especially since the mirror caps etc are matching. Really appreciate you guys posting pics of the replacement (and happy that its on the blue, which is the same color we are getting). We saw the pics above and both decided that, at least on the blue, we like the "stock" grey ones that come on the M40 rather than me needing to have them replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
My current BMWs both have OEM Black grills (replaced at the dealership before I took delivery on both of them). I dont like the BMW stock grille surround (the chrome surround) around the kidneys.

In the case of the M40i though, I actually really like the grey kidneys since they dont have a bright !#@$!@$ chrome surround around the dark kidneys.

Wife and I both decided we like the grey kidneys especially since the mirror caps etc are matching. Really appreciate you guys posting pics of the replacement (and happy that its on the blue, which is the same color we are getting). We saw the pics above and both decided that, at least on the blue, we like the "stock" grey ones that come on the M40 rather than me needing to have them replaced.
Agreed. I like the look of the black ones on the blue, and other colors too....but the Cerium accents do look best on Phytonic Blue and Black Sapphire.
Yeah I'm not sure about them now, having second thoughts! They seem to look bigger than the Cerium ones!
Agree! I think it looks nice but I won't do it on my own blue M40i. It does feel bigger vs Cerium grey, and draws too much attention vs the car as a whole.

I think the black grill will look awesome on White and silver X3 though...
Appreciate 0