View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
Scottatah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M40i

After my last service (fixing the emissions light - active grilles) and dropping the vehicle off at 730, but the shuttle not leaving until 820 for some reason....I decided to finally email the dealership.

I kept my email factual and professional. They didn't really have a lot of outs, but they were rather quick to contact me. I scheduled a time to call. In addition to thanking me for providing them the feedback and apologizing about 200 times, he mentioned some of the actions they're taking:
1. Getting their one shuttle van sent for a full detail (already done)
2. Discussing communication with advisors.
3. A few other communication practices.

On top, not that I was looking for this, but they offered the following:
1. A personal vehicle anytime I take mine in for service as long as I give him 24h notice. I think by personal he just meant he would orchestrate it, not an advisor trying to find him a loaner. I'll find out forsure in about 8000km or next time I'm in.
2. A full inside and out detail whenever is convenient for me.

It wasn't my intention to get free stuff, though I will absolutely appreciate both of those as long as they perform them as expected. Also do appreciate everything dude said on the phone and will be thrilled if they follow-through.

As someone that works in the service industry and reads survey feedback, I know that they want this even if there isn't much to say other than "yup, we dropped the ball. Here's some of the things we're going to do to be better next time".

All in all, happy outcome (thus far).
Appreciate 0