View Single Post
      06-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #9
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
1. Are you on 21's or 20's? If you are on 21's, I would recommend lowering the PSI only after the first run just to understand if you need a smidge more grip.
2. Get behind the car that has the thickest drag radials and run in the same lane after them, this ensures you have the stickest portion of the track due to the extra heat and effectively removing any water, debris, etc. in the lane.
3. Line the tires up within the grooves of the lane, you want to make sure you are not outside of the grooves as you will loose grip more often then not.
4. Keep the car straight, every foot or two you go outside the lane and have to come in looses your ET
5. Keep the gas below your 1/2 mark (I keep it around 1/4 tank) to loose any weight.
6. Stage a bit deeper... aka you should be barely turning on the second yellow light when staging so you maximize the 1ft roll out.
7. Hold that LC for at least 3 seconds
8. Run it all the way til the track pavement changes, then you'll know you are past the finish line
9. Run E20 on the 93 tune, you will be getting some pretty good timing based on my logs, you could run E25 if you want but try not to go too high as you will get a lean code.

Have fun.
Factory 21s FTW! Thanks for all the great tips. What if I run E85. I know I should log first but might not have time before the track.
Appreciate 0