06-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #8
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
My advice:

1: Enjoy yourself, first time I hit up Bandimere was a test and tune night in 1994 with my 1966 Mustang. Man it was fun. Oh how things have changed!
2: Don't worry about the lights (unless you are actually racing someone), You could sit at the line for 2 minutes and until you break the start line beam, your time doesn't start. Also, if you Red Light keep going as your ET will still be valid and accurate.
3: Don't drive through the water box, if you aren't on slicks no need to get your tires wet if you aren't doing a smoky burnout
4: Hold LC for at least 3 seconds... (haha, see what I did there )
Niiiiiiice... Yeah, tip number 3. That's it! But seriously, thanks. I never heard of a water box. I just found out I need a helmet with this car if I break 11s, which should be pretty easy to do with my mods and tune. Had the from windshield tinted today, and turns out the kid laying that tint has a car that won top car at my local strip, Cecil County speedway. Anyways, he was giving me some pointers too. Apparently it is quite a nice track. He runs an older Lexus, the one that has the supra underpinnings, and he swapped out the engine. The car wasn't much to look at but he says it runs the quarter in the 8s. I thought we were fast just breaking into the 10s. He also recommended running E85 which is locally available. He said he's tested it at the pump, and it's usually around 80 percent ethanol. Sounds like jet fuel from the royal farms gas station.
Appreciate 1
forza19763398.00