View Single Post
      03-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #68
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Wow just read through this thread and had a good laugh but honestly very little of it made any sense to me. My only watch rule is I do not buy anything unless I have wanted the exact same watch for 6 months. I am so fickle when it comes to watches, I have an IWC Aquatimer which I love, my father's Omega that he bought with his first paycheck, and an Ice plastic bullshit watch that I wear around the house or to the gym. That's about it. Have been shopping for an additional watch forever but cannot find anything that satisfies my only rule.

BTW FWIW the only people who give a shit about watches are dudes, specifically other watch dudes. Spending $3-5K on something preowned is all you really need to do to have something nice. Once you get beyond that level you are getting into complications and exotic materials and whatnot and it's purely if you want to go there and it makes you happy. If you want something that's gonna get your dick sucked, go spend $500 on a pair of Gucci loafers or a belt with a huge logo on it. Chicks pay attention to shoes, not watches. Now if you want your dick sucked by a super duper watch geek dude, then spend the money on the moon master repeater don't have to set the date for 300 years level stuff.
Appreciate 1