View Single Post
      09-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #8
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Thanks for sharing, Ibiza

While I don't wish to get involved in a polarizing discussion of the front grill as seen on other sub-Forums, in case BMW Marketing/Design is reading through this section, I respectfully request they not pursue a large grill face on the F97/98 lines. Please. Don't.

I've tried to look at ways in which this design is potentially enhancing aerodynamics and engine airflow. But with the solid horizontal cross bar holding the front license plate and the two sensors, it just doesn't make sense that is driving the design. That solid structure behind the grill could be a modified bumper design, rather than continuing a large single vertical grill piece, which is what it seems most of us believe is antithetical to BMW's heritage. Progress and change is fine, if 'form follows function'. To this point I haven't seen a solid reason to support that line of thinking.

I would have a difficult time purchasing my next X3MC(S) if it arrives with that type of front. If it had CFRP aero roof, titanium exhaust, light forged wheels, and a tune up to what current St1 offerings allow, it would give me pause, but I would probably just end up keeping both of our current models.
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7833.00
A6bullet336.00
thurston214.00