Thread: UK Deliveries
View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 04:55 AM   #60
UKBazzer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 30d MSport

G01 30d Update

I've now driven my new X3 on various UK roads in all conditions for about 1k miles and it's just getting better and better. The MSport suspension (non-adaptive) on 19" wheels is just about perfect for me. And having been a techie all my life I love the full digital dash - a highly recommended upgrade imo.
The blue is a bit weird - depending on the weather it varies from a fairly bright French navy blue to almost black. I had a Merc SLK with varicolour paint for a few years and the Phytonic is pretty similar in the way it seems to react to the sky. Great colour.
I do have a couple of little niggles though, so it's going back to the dealer next week for a fix:
I had the BMW dash cam fitted but it's not going into park mode when the ignition is switched off and it just carries on recording. I get a warning message in the morning about the battery being drained, so I have to physically switch the camera off when I park overnight. Defeats one of the benefits of having it fitted. From what I've read this is a fairly common problem - someone on this site said that it had been fixed through software updates but didn't mention where to download them - the BMW site certainly doesn't offer any help or links.
The other minor problem is that the passenger mirror won't automatically angle down when I put the car into reverse - I paid for the retracting mirrors option. The manual says that the feature is disabled if you're towing, so I assume it's getting a false message from wherever (now that a tow bar is a factory fitted option).
Hopefully they'll get both problems fixed next week - but neither have spoilt the joy of driving this great X3.
b.t.w. I know there has been a lot of hype about the 40i but I think I bought the best of both worlds with the 30d MSport - 0-60 in 5.8, top speed 149, and up to 49 mpg, not that I will ever achieve that !!
Can't wait for some decent weather so that I can get the sunroof open.......
Appreciate 0