12-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #56
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb3 View Post
How refined did the G01 feel in comparison with your X5? I've not had chance to test drive, but I am wondering how the 5 Series/X3/X5 compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
I test drive a 20D today in MSport with very few options.

I was thoroughly impressed, all round I could not fault the car. The new slightly smaller MSport wheel is superb and the whole fit and finish of the interior is spot on. I was testing it mainly to check for rattle and echo (which you can get in the vast space of an SUV/SAV, my X5s used to annoy a little) but it was nice and quiet and composed.

This has the acoustic glass, which I assume for the money everyone ticks that option.

For those that have a 2.0D in the uk, if you're driving steady what kind of range are you looking at 600-700 mile tank?

Cheers
Hi Nick,

Honestly better. My last X5 was the 50d and was on 20' run flats and TBH was even with adaptive very crashy on the RFTs.

The dealer on the G01 drive was great and outlined the spec to me . 20d with the standard MSport suspension and 19s.

Honestly it was a revelation. Please do take into account I stepped out of an M2 and into this test drive but..it was superb. There is IMO body roll in brisk cornering but it stops immediately at a certain point. The rise otherwise was perfect, less crash, smooth, quiet and IMO equal to last gen F15.

I was actually at the dealers to test drive a 530d but was so smitten even with the X3 20d that I cancelled the 5 series drive.

I'm pretty certain now my next car will be an X3/4. Time will tell as I'm fairly fickle but right now post drive it is top of the list.