View Single Post
      11-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

3 hours for the downpipes including cool down time with an external fan. They told me it took them 5 hours the first time. Mine is now their third F97/8 they've modded. I was thoroughly impressed with their artisan work. Anyway, the other exhaust components could be swapped out DIY with a lift and a little basic knowledge, but that primary catalytic converter is imbedded claustrophobically in that tight engine bay, not to mention the pre cat sensor is insanely difficult to reach but must be disconnected prior to removing the cat. Needless to say, I'm glad they handled that. I didn't take a video of the install as they didn't like me lurking under the car while they were working -liability, insurance, blah, blah, ok I get it. Once the owner came out and got friendly they did loosen up a bit and allow me under to snap a few pics. Their exhausts are completely hand crafted. Got a tour of the sprawling factory by the owner while he told me their history. Really interesting guy and an insanely informative, eye-opening experience. I'll post a photo of their frequently used jig library. These are just the largest ones the currently use often. The smaller jigs are kept indoors while the other thousands are stored a bit further from the factory floor but are all indexed for retrieval (like a library book).
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport12967.50
cfm56d7b5886.00
lab_rat394.50