View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #118
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPod View Post
Originally I also got one of the Breville models. However after few months of usage I had some issues and returned it back for a full refund.
After some research I got a Vibiemme Junior HX (it costs more than breville however its built for home usage with parts from commercial espresso machines. So it's built like a tank and pretty reliable. also all the parts can be found online and easily replaced (simple DYI). That's one of the reasons I chose it - ease of repairs/maintenance.
Had it for 5 years and it still makes amazing coffee.

As others mentioned espresso machine is not the most important part of good coffee making.

1) I would put quality coffee beans as the most important part of equation.(make sure that beans are not staled. Coffee beans are best to be consumed 12-24hrs after roasting but within 1-2 weeks otherwise they will start loosing freshness).

2) Then followed by good quality grinder.

3) And actual espresso machine will be only third on my list

Thanks for the recommendation OP. I'm also considering Rocket Appartamento because of the R-58 recommendations earlier in the thread as well as a Expobar Brewtus IV-R. Will definitely look more into the Vibiemme, thx.

What grinder do you use?

Last edited by Deftronix; 04-16-2019 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
OrcaPod73.50