View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
I've never bought extended warranty on vehicles, including the 5-6 BMWs I've owned. Never been an issue.
Same here with the e46 and e39, and those are old, old cars. Never been a "major" issues, though these cars are heavily mod'ed so i do take certain risks doing so.

As for the spouse's x3, knowing this is a keeper and not as if we are only hanging onto it for several years (eg. her Odyssey is 2002 with ~160,000 miles), i decided to plunge into dealer offered extended warranty coverage, which i paid ~$3,000 for unlimited mos/100,000 miles. And as usual the mileage is not in addition to the factory warranty, but total.

The coverage is as best i could get from the dealer, but for $3,000 (peace of mind ?), i suppose i could have kept that in the bank or invest and see it grow. But i'm a horrible (personal) investor.

Anyway, you can read more about some details of the coverage in following post. Or, if you need more details then hit me up on private message, or just post here, i can share what i can.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=35

I do like this part, i.e. within factory warranty period, rental car for up to so many days is covered, in case loaner and/or shuttle won't work.
Appreciate 0