View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #65
d05wtt
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Who cares? I don't have any interest in this car ? for my use, it would be impractical.

That's a subjective judgment.

There a plenty of people that might care for the X4 for their own subjective reasons (command driving position, etc.). Why do they need to pay homage in their purchasing decisions to what you or I think a BMW should be? For that matter, why should BMW avoid serving this cohort?

For context, I am die-hard M-car guy (I own/owned a 1M, three generations of M3, and F85 X5M and am building on an S54 swapped E46 Touring)... and I am happy to see BMW produce as many models/types of cars necessary to remain profitably independent.
Well said. Some guys just think we all have to think like them. You can't please everyone. It's usually the whiners and complainers that have the loudest voices. If a new iPhone comes out, here comes the trolls telling us Apple sucks. It's the same here. Every single thread in these forums has at least 1 negative nelly. Just have to ignore them.

Kids in here are asking, "Why BMW, why?" There's a reason BMW is building these cars. There's a demand for them. Maybe we like the way it looks. Maybe some of us want a car that has a command seating, a SUV that drives like a car and handles some minor offroading, handles bad roads that a 3 series can't, has a bigger trunk than a 3 series, etc. My 2009 335xi went over a very small pothole on the highway. Knocked loose the headlights and the light beams pointed down. Brought it into the shop and they said they couldn't fix it and that it's a straight replacement. You know how much those light units cost?! Good thing I had a good relationship with the service center. They comped those lights. (Warranty was over.) My X3, X4, and X5 went over bigger potholes....no problems.
Appreciate 1
Roundown575.50