View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #9
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
So it’s a little different than others. Basically when it is in auto mode, notice how it still indicates the fan level. Also you can move the fan level while still in auto mode. Basically what that fan level is, is how aggressively you want it to cool. So for instance if you have it at fan level one and you get in the car and it is super hot, it will stay on quiet fan and take forever to cool, but if you put
It on the highest one it will blast and then slow down once cooler. And you have a range in between.

At first I didn’t like it, but then I realized how often in my Audi for instance that I temporarily turn the temp up so that the fans aren’t going full speed and then slowly adjust until I cool it down. Basically BMW allows you to not only set the temp, but also how aggressively you want to maintain that temp.
Took me awhile to figure this out as well. You have a great explanation and the book was not really clear on this. I picked the middle position for fan speed and seems about right.
1965 Comet Cyclone 289 4 Speed
1932 Ford Five Window Coupe
Appreciate 0