08-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #15
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
It's not helpful to say things like "it's a sports car, it will ride rough" and the like. Yes, it is a sports car but has adaptive suspension and in 2021 buyers rightly expect a decent, livable ride IN COMFORT MODE. Other manufacturers are able to accomplish this.
AMEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bSwiazzy View Post

all im saying is if you didnt test drive it you are doing yourself a disservice.
Yes...and no. Not all test drives are the same. And none that I've ever taken were a 100% accurate representation of my driving style and conditions.

In my case, I had to drive 45 minutes to just get to a dealership that even had an X3M model in stock to drive...exactly one. An X3M Competition. I drove it...and I didn't think the ride was so harsh that it would bother me at all as a daily. But enough reviewers have mentioned this as an issue that it makes me wonder if I did a thorough enough test drive.

Again, based on my extremely limited experience with the vehicle, I don't think I'll regret the purchase in the least if there's been no improvement. I'm also betting that when I switch to an all-weather tire for the Ohio winter, I'll notice improvement in the ride quality. BUT I am interested in knowing if the issue has been improved in the LCI. Whether you think the ride quality on the pre-LCI X3M is good or bad, we should all be hoping that ride quality is improved in the LCI as long as performance is not sacrificed.
Appreciate 1