View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

On the first question, it depends on your insurance company. I had an at fault wreck under State Farm. I got assessed a 10% surcharge on my premiums. I think the surcharge dropped off after 3 years.

On the second question, it depends on what your insurance company does to the title of your car. If it gets branded as a salvage, you'll need to fix the car up enough to pass MD inspection. Also, if you go that route, expect to drive the car till the wheels fall off. Resale is going to be next to nothing. Also, you won't be able to get full coverage anymore. Just liability.

On the third question, the ticket is probably a moving violation despite no points being assessed. Forget the myth about of zero points no foul. As long as the ticket shows up on your driver's record, the insurance companies will see it. You need to make sure it doesn't show up on your record. If yor driver's record is clean. I would go to court. What you need to ask the judge for is a PBJ, Probation Before Judgement. The judge at his/her discretion can grant this if the defendant has a clean record. The ticket is held internally with the court system. Your insurance won't see it if they pull your driver's record. If you're clean for a year, the ticket drops off like it never happened. I did this for my mom when she blew through a new stop sign at an intersection.
Appreciate 0