View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #16
M3OW!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles – any update?

Not sure whether your low battery caused all the 5 pages of error codes, or whether the battery is defective, but in the past I've had to replace 4 batteries on our previous F25s, one time the morning after a 600 mile trip. At that time I was still under the impression when the motor is running the battery is always being charged, but was told on long trips (especially if charging cell phone and using USB charging for laptop which we did) that it can drain the battery. A trickle charger was recommended and purchased.

Since that time every three weeks or so I've hooked up our G01s (and now F97) and it takes about 16 -20 hours to fully recharge (the X3MC took 16 hours last night and I just did it 3 wks ago). I don't know enough about Electronics to know the efficiency of vehicle self-charging and what conditions lower that, aside from the obvious of using the electronics, charging the phone, and using USB as power sources, but it does seem these high-tech vehicles have increased electrical needs.

Knock on wood I haven't had another battery issue since routinely using the trickle charger (don't know if it has made the difference or whether just good luck).
Good feedback, thanks.

Car was at the dealer all day yesterday. I picked it up around 6PM drove it for an hour, parked it and it sat in the garage all day today. Started it up no problem this eve and went to run a few errands. No issues.

My v1 is hardwired via SAVVY. Ran same set up in f80 and never had a problem.
Appreciate 0