View Single Post
      05-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
JohnAG
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 28i M Sport

Significant Gas Mileage Increase after an annual service

I've done some gas mileage topic search and although I found a boat load of gas mileage topics, I didn't find anything about this one, so hope that this is not a duplicate topic. So I brought my 2016 28i US spec (I live in Germany) for my 3rd annual service where they also remedied a recall (I can't remember what it was for), so I had to leave my car for the whole day. As far as I know, all they did was change the oil and the recall, but I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed about the significant uptick on my mileage.

Before this happened, my combined daily highway and street average MPG according to my car's computer is between 22-23 MPG using the Eco-Pro mode. I swear I didn't change anything after I picked up my car from the dealership, but I started noticing the blue additional mileage shown in the dash when in Eco Mode. I used to normally get +20-25 Km before I have to fill up at 1/4 tank remaining. The last full tank I was able to get +60 Km with 1/4 left in my tank. I reset my MPG counter before the last full tank and now it is up to 27.1 MPG. The car just hit 40,000 Km today.

Does anyone else has this happened to their car? I really hope they did something to make the engine run more efficiently and not a VW type re-programming or tweaking of the ECU to make owners feel better about their cars

Last edited by JohnAG; 05-15-2018 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0