View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 12:52 AM   #14
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Did the mods really delete the helpful post with a link to better pictures of the tail lights? Ummmm explanation, please? I read the forum rules and do not understand why this person's post was deleted when they were only trying to help me and others interested in seeing more views of the tail lights.

Out of fear of having my post deleted, I will not re-paste the link, but I will share my thoughts on the tail lights now that I've seen them.

They are not horrible and, in fact, look pleasing enough to the eye from a design standpoint. I still think they are a bit too skinny and overly simplistic (MB and Jag come to mind), especially from the straight-on rear view, but from the side and angle views, they are tolerable given the rest of the design looks sharp and makes up for it.

For those who think these types of vehicle are pointless, just remember some people prefer the additional ground clearance and suspension travel for crappy roads or really bad winters like we had this year, and at the same time don't need all the cargo space and less capable driving dynamics of a traditional SUV. Think of them as new-age ruggedized wagons - you get the convenience and majority of the utility of a wagon with (arguably) more sex appeal and adverse weather/road capabilities! For my next DD purchase, I will be considering this new X4 as well as the next-gen Volvo V60 XC once it is released.
khanyam4801.50
virosky82.00