09-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #50
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
^This. I also agree that the 63S will weigh much more with that V8 and I believe that the X3M/X4M will come close to 500HP.

It would seem so on paper but have you seen the issues plaguing the Alpha Romeo Giulia QV? How about the Stelvio Ti? Not even close would sum this up. Reliability has to count for something. The 63S will be top dog until the X3M is released...followed by the Macan Turbo S and/or the future Macan EV. It should all be an interesting comparison. Competition is good.
I have seen the reliability issues firsthand. I've owned a Quadrifoglio since mid-February and have never had a single issue with mine so far. I also owned an F80 M3 for two years prior to and also at the same time for a two month period. On the M3, I had a defective/dead LiIon battery during the first month of ownership, constant DCT issues (multiple service appointments on that), nonstop rattles from the exhaust, brake heat shields, squeaky window seals, amplifier/speaker problems, about 8-10 software updates, and the list went on.

After owning and driving both the M3 and QV side by side during two months overlap, I finally decided to sell the M3. The Alfa was and still is a better driving/performing/handling/sounding/riding car. Overall the M3 was the standard bearer at one time, but no longer, until the next gen arrives. I bought my Alfa QV very well-equipped for $77K. That was about $7k less than the similarly-equipped, two model year older M3 when I bought it new, but honestly, the QV is a better car. Speaking from real world experience, not regurgitated magazine BS (due to not getting the well-known start-stop system software updates performed before beating on the car only to have it succumb to the reason for the update. Not a mechanical issue, just a software conflict, since resolved).

Anyway, don't discount the upcoming Stelvio Quadrifoglio. It will outperform the new Cayenne Turbo for $50-65k less money...mark my words! The X3M ain't no Cayenne Turbo. So there you go.

Last edited by mcc3456; 09-15-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50