View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #19
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Whilst not living in the UK and understanding availability there, I can share our year's experience with both the Conti and Michelin tires. Not a fan of online abbreviations, but this one seems applicable - YMMV.

I have about 11K miles with the PS4S on my X3MC. My wife has about 9K on her X3MC with CS issued from the factory. Much of her mileage has been during my presence in vehicle as we travel on trips, trying to balance the mileage of both.

Early on in their wear I would suggest I wasn't able to discern much difference, and I believe I have shared such in previous threads. But in the past month or so she has been mentioning the drives into work seem noisier and not as smooth, and I have sensed the same. As I have noticed about a mm more wear in her tires and am considering replacement tires, I researched both. Treadwear on the Conti is 240, PS4S is 300. Not an issue in my mind, but traction is A on the Conti vs AA on the PS4S. I realize that test is performed by each company under their own directions, but that is what lead us to order the PS4S as replacements.

They shall be installed within a few days.
Appreciate 0