Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
I thought the spare adds an ugly hump to the cargo area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
wow.. those photos are enlightening... completely different trunk interior trim items... i bet body shops love this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
All the pictures in first post are of the same car? If so the trunk cargo area looks flush no hump with spare tire. Are X4's different from X3's? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Spare tires on all X4s are mounted differently than X3s. I'm not sure why, but it may because the X4's slightly wider rear track allows the spare to be mounted lower and more flush. With the spare installed, the X4's floor is slightly lower than the lip (rather than considerably higher as with the X3).

thanks for pointing this out...

So the X4 the trunk actually allows for the spare better than the X3. I am disappointed that the X3, which actually is more useful with regards to storage capacity, appears to end up with a lower liftover height and cargo floor only when ordered without the spare. it's nice and pretty how the spare is covered in both models, however the X3 thread shows that one does lose several inches of load height. I would prefer to avoid runflats,.... while keeping all available height for cargo. i think i would just prefer the lower load floor and will use the rails to hold a spare. I can take the spare in and out....
///M's don't do runflats
Because they absolutely suck.

///M Mobility Kit saves the day.