View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #25
louscrw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 m340i

So much hate for the lifted truck driver, maybe I'm the exception. I daily drive a lifted truck on 35s. Considering what new trucks cost and what I paid for mine, I definitely baby it. Maybe some of these comments are aimed at old, rusted out POS trucks and their owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies View Post
Lifted pickup trucks should be banned from the roads. Period. It doesn’t matter what excuse they have (“I actually do take it off-roadin’ bruh”), there is no need for the lift. Their headlights (typically modified with high intensity bulbs) sit directly behind your car into the rear window, shining the interior of your car up like the fourth of July, and blinding you needlessly.

and more often than not, the drivers are short fat guys who wish they were still 17, and not often, hard working men.
1. My truck has LED lights, and I can adjust their height via a dial on the dash. I have mine adjusted below the window/mirror line of other vehicles.

2. I'm neither short or fat. Nor do I wish I was still 17. And I'd like to think I'm a hard working man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Agree on the lifted pickups. by far the WORST drivers in the US. They are 99% complete trash, and if I had to guess, they are either drunk, high on meth, and/or both, at all times. Usually they have horribly loud exhausts and drive extremely fast in traffic, knowing that their massive vehicles can kill 20 people in one accident.
3. I don't drink or do drugs, period. Needless to say, I do neither while driving.

4. I do have an exhaust, but it is definitely quieter than any Mustang, riced out import, or Harley Davidson on the road.

5. I don't drive excessively fast. My truck only gets 10-11mpg in the city, 14-15 on the hwy. Why would I intentionally drive in a way that would reduce the already abysmal numbers? Of course, I didn't buy a truck hoping for decent fuel efficiency, and truck owners that complain about gas mileage are just idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbtx View Post
Pick up truck drivers. Either they are uninsured unlicensed recent immigrants or douchebag king of the road bully types. In Houston, if there is news of a fatal car accident, more than likely a pick up is involved.
6. I am not uninsured, I have a valid license and I am not an immigrant. This sounds more like a Texas problem, not limited to just truck owners.
Appreciate 0