View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #16
j080808
USA
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhartm69 View Post
Thanks for the info. Given your experience, what pressure would you start with cold, and what targets hot?

At VIR, I can get into the 160's and 150's on the back & front straight in my Z06, I'm guessing 140's and 130's in the X3 MC (maybe).

I love the Carbotech's and used the XP12 & 10 setup on my Z6 before witching to the APR's al around. Have never used EBC brakes on a car, but as mentioned, not a lot of choices out there.
Well, generally I log my data during and/or after...this time I didn't so I dont remember just how low I went cold. I ran on a Monday during the riots so I worked between sessions and I had a 4+ hour drive afterwards and the protesters had closed the highway down near my home. So, I had other things on my mind when I pulled into the garage. I did mange to find these screenshots, they (minus the last) were taken on the cool down lap or entering the pits. Ambient temps were in the high 70's with a mix of clouds during the day.

And I should clarify, I cooked my front tires, but I didnt really care because it gave me an excuse to switch to Michelins. IDK if a few PSI would have made any difference and I wasnt keeping time because I was focused on learning the vehicle first and foremost. My main concern going into that day was actually the brakes and they actually exceeded my expectations by a far margin, which for an OEM pad was very impressive. I popped out the pads shortly after and the wear was minimal, the replacements I had planned on having to potentially install, are still on the shelf.

The rest of my season was a wash so these are the only data points I have, wish I could be of more help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0