12-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #20
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
This is just pathetic.
I have read the official letter from BMW ensuring that the IX3 is a AWD, now this garbage! It is just a joke, BMW are leaking alot of customers to Porsche and Tesla these days, IX3 is for many the last hope! Now i need to have a plan B...
Well... All is not "coming up roses" in Porsche-Land either...

I have a Taycan Turbo S on order (with an actual allocation) and folks are pretty miffed about the 201 mile EPA range on the Taycan Turbo (at least those NOT in denial)...

Its the anticipated quality/performance of the Taycan that is drawing me away from the utility/range of the ModelX. But only barely... Particularly now with the dismal range numbers on the Porsche. Then as you typically charge an EV to only 90% on a nightly basis (to extend battery life), that would bring it down to about 180 miles of "daily" EPA range. (I get 219 "daily" on my ModelX P90D).

My current EV is a ModelX and I also have an i8 Roadster. (I did once own a Chevy Volt and that was also a great car!) My experience is that the EPA Range estimates have always been pretty accurate for all three of my EV/PHEV's.

Yes, BMW is VERY late to the game. Not sure why this is the case as I don't believe its a shortage of technology or talent. I just don't think they recognize the market appropriately.

Just when you think they finally got the range a true EV needs they make a bonehead move and leave out the AWD in a crossover/suv type vehicle.

I was originally looking forward to this car. Not anymore. BMW just fall back off my EV roadmap...

BTW - for those of us still living with the Imperial system:

- 440 KM = 273 MI (WLTP)

- To approximate EPA (US) range from WLTP (Europe): 273 / 1.12 = 244 MI (EPA). https://insideevs.com/features/34323...epa-wltp-nedc/

Last edited by evanevery; 12-18-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
bobloblaw745.00