10-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #33
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
http://www.geneticliteracyproject.or...olia-20131.pdf

Umm you can check with the World Health Organization, the National Academy of Sciences, American Association for the Advancement of Science. The scientific consensus is that GMOs are safe to eat, but there are still no long term studies since GMO as food is still a relatively recent phenomenon.

GMOs are very useful as research tools. Something as simple as GFP has greatly enhanced our understanding of biology. We've learned a lot and can still learn more by manipulating genetics. Should we use this technology for our food? That's when it gets more complicated.

I totally agree that we shouldn't be lab rats, and it's hard to opt out with our current food policy. But that's why I try to buy organic when I can, vote for food labels, and boycott corn and soybeans.
This I agree with. We could learn from GMO's, but they shouldn't be in our food until we can 100% say they are safe. We need more testing and research put into these types of things, but what if we don't get a chance to test them until its too late to go back. The Trans-Pacific Partnership is also something we should be concerned about.

And how can these organizations say they are safe if there are no long term studies?
Appreciate 0